Wet spots in your yard are a nuisance and an eyesore at the least. At the worst, drainage problems in your yard can cause your basement to leak or your foundation to erode. Grass will die if it’s underwater for too long. You can’t mow over wet areas, and everyone tracks mud into the house.
Drainage solutions can provide an effective barrier for keeping water away from and out of the home. Through a proper grading & drainage solution, you can help protect your home from water.
Whether you have erosion problems or standing water issues that need to be resolved, it’s essential to find an expert and trusted company that can solve all of your grading & drainage issues. In the Atlanta & Athens areas, that’s DriTek Solutions!
Standing or pooling water issues in your yard are usually seen in the following ways:
• Areas of your yard stay wet after it rains
• You have unusable outdoor space due to water buildup
• Water pools at your garage door or on your driveway or walkway
• Dead trees, grass, or plants
• Mud never seems to dry up in your yard
• Water intrusion into your basement, crawl space, or slab foundation
Properly grading and draining your yard so that water runs away from the house can prevent damage to your foundation and water from intruding inside. Properly designed and installed landscaping is also essential if you want your yard to drain correctly. If water pools up and stands against your foundation, your home becomes more susceptible to leaks, flooding, and water intrusion. Standing or pooling water indicates improper drainage which can lead to a more problematic issue of soil erosion.
Erosion in your yard is actually quite serious and is usually seen in the following ways:
• Dead trees, grass, or plants
• Exposed roots
• Landscapes changes, such as more rocks or hardened/denser ground
• Mulch and/or soil streams when it rains
• Gullies or small rivers when it rains
• Exposed foundation structures
The long term effects of erosion can be devastating. Soil erosion results in pollution of streams and rivers from runoff, flooding damage and even landslides. In your yard it causes the loss of nutrients in the soil, the loss of trees and landscaping, a decrease in your property value, and damage to sidewalks, driveways and patios. If it happens near your home, it can compromise the integrity of your foundation and cause water intrusion into your home.
Wet basement, crawl space, and slab foundations are usually seen in the following ways:
• Basement leaks or flooding
• Crawl space leaks or flooding
• Dampness, moisture or humidity in basements, crawl spaces, or slab foundations
• Mineral deposits (efflorescence) on basement or crawl space walls
• Mold and mildew
• Bad odors in basement or crawl space
Over time drainage and grading problems in your yard can lead to a compromised foundation. When that happens, water will enter your foundation wherever it can and cause damage to your home. Drainage solutions provide an effective barrier for keeping water out. One of the biggest rules is simply to keep water away from the home. Through a proper drainage system, you can help protect your home from water.
• Complete underground drainage solutions
• Downspout extensions
• Proper grading
• Professional landscaping
• Catch basins
• Dry wells
• French drains
• Dry creek beds
• Retaining walls
• Rain gardens
We also offer complete expert landscaping design and installation services. Learn more about our patented and permanent solutions to all of your drainage and grading problems here.
You can read more About Us here – learn our history and how we came to do what we do.
• Experienced enough to know exactly what is causing your drainage problem
• Large enough to fix it right
• Small enough to really care about you and your home.
• Transferrable warranty
• Satisfaction guarantee
• Custom crafted drainage and grading solutions
At DriTek Solutions, we solve all drainage and grading problems – standing water, soil erosion, and more. For patented and permanent solutions from experienced drainage and grading contractors, call us today. You’ll be glad you did!